Welcome to the class! This semester should give you a high-level overview of the basics of photography. Remember the following:
- Contact me through Canvas.
- There are no books required in this class.
- Check the Canvas calendar often.
- No late assignments will be accepted. For reals. Like really. Stop asking. Extra credit is available because life happens to all of us, but late work is generally not an option in the real world. If it appears as “late” in Canvas, it is late. Leave a buffer to makes sure to avoid technical problems. They will happen. Do not postpone rendering something until the last minute. I will grade the version that is uploaded on time to Canvas. I will refer you to this paragraph if you turn in late work.
- Submit assignments through Canvas. Do not e-mail them. Do not hand-deliver them. Do not post them to your MySpace account. Submit assignments through Canvas. Follow the instructions of the specific assignment but deliverables will generally be through a YouTube link. Make sure the link is publicly visible (upload as “unlisted”) and doesn’t require being logged in. A good way to check this is by copy/pasting the URL into a new “incognito window” (cmd+shift+n if you’re using Google Chrome).
- If you are not going to be in class that’s your choice. I don’t want sick people coming to class but I also don’t want lazy people skipping class. You don’t need to let me know in advance that you’ll be gone because there’s not a lot I can do about it. I’ve found using this web platform to be the easiest way of staying on the same page. Please, at the very least, review the content covered while you were gone and ask a peer what else was discussed upon your return.
- Ask questions, apply and enjoy!