Skip to content
Scroll to Top
- Camera location: Close and far from the subject? Above and below the subject? Inside and outside subject?
- Focal length: Perspective distortion? Subject vs background size relationship?
- Depth of field: Shallow? Deep? Where is the point of focus? Is the subject more interesting out of focus?
- Shutter speed: Fast? Slow? Subject motion? Camera motion relative to subject?
- Lighting: Is there any source of light the subject could be silhouetted against? Overexposed? Flares?
- Reflections? Ponds, puddles, mirrors, glass or plastic available?
- Anything you can put in front of the lens like a plastic water bottle?
- Foreground elements? Framing devices?
- Forced perspective?
- Turn camera upside down
- Black and white
- Panoramas: Use a phone pano feature to duplicate your friends or create a vertical panorama
- Is there a narrative to be told? An emotion to be conveyed? Think of a word or theme and how you could relate it.